What is Dynamics 365 Health?
Dynamics 365 Health Accelerator rapidly develops healthcare solutions using data model and use case templates based on HL7/FHIR. The Microsoft Health Accelerator enables partners and customers to create new use cases and workflows using a FHIR-based data model. It includes the following:
- Pre-built entities and forms: Access to a wide range of FHIR-based entities and relationships allowing for rapid development of new healthcare solutions
- Compliance: Standard based model built on a foundation of trust within a platform that is fully compliant with industry compliance standards including HIPAA and HITRUST
- Care Team Visualization: A connected view of the care team associated with a patient and their roles that can be configured to include family and other related relationships
- Patient Timeline: Presentation of clinical information about a patient in chronological order enabling providers to visualize all patient interactions and make informed care decisions
- Native CDM Support: Health entities unified with standard CDM entities ensuring consistency across applications which allows rapid and seamless integration to 3rd party EMR and EHR systems
Dynamics 365 Health Entities:
The accelerator provides a specific set of primary entities in support of the FHIR HL7 specification. Below are the entities that have been provided in the solution
- Healthcare Services
- Care Plans
- Allergy Intolerances
- Clinical Impression Problems
- Risk Assessments
- Episodes of care
- Medication Requests
- Medication Administration
Integrating Dynamics 365 Health with Azure API for FHIR
Integration with Azure FHIR API
We have integrated Dynamics 365 Health Accelerator with Azure FHIR API and integrated Patients and Care Plan to Azure FHIR API. We are creating and updating Patient and Care Plan on Azure FHIR API on create and Update of Patient and Care Plan records in D365 Health via Microsoft Flow. We have created a custom connector that connects to Azure FHIR API and created Actions in that Connector.
How to Create a Patient from Dynamics 365 Health UI into Azure FHIR Server or Azure FHIR API
- Login to D365 Health App and click on Patients
2. Click on New
3. Fill in the details of the Patient and click save.
4. When we save the record in D365 Health, this will create Patient in Azure FHIR API. We are checking this by Creating a Canvas App which get list of all Patients in Azure FHIR API
Update Patients from Dynamics 365 Health UI into Azure FHIR Server or Azure FHIR API
- Open an existing Patient and update Date Of Birth to Sept 1, 2018.
2. Click on save
3. When we save the record in D365 Health, this will update Patient in Azure FHIR API. We are checking this by Creating a Canvas App which get list of all Patients in Azure FHIR API
Extend Dyanmics 365 Health and Add New Entities
We have used standard D365 CRM Invoice and Invoice Line as Invoice and Charge Item in D365 Health.
We have also added few fields not present in D365 as per FHIR HL7.
We can use Product, Price List and Price List Item to setup Price of any service or Medication and then generate Invoices based on Product and Services Delivered.